× Members

Mandatory Reconsideration

• Layla Le Marechal
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #221898 by Layla Le Marechal
Replied by Layla Le Marechal on topic Mandatory Reconsideration
Oh and he also becomes very aggressive when things don't go his way and has broken doors out holes in walls etc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Layla Le Marechal
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #221903 by Layla Le Marechal
Replied by Layla Le Marechal on topic Mandatory Reconsideration
I provided a letter from his doctor stating that he has autism and colleagues and friends provided letters about his struggles and what are the differences for the PIP i used the sheets that I downloaded he doesn't have any other help we live in the new forest there is no help for adults unless they want to commit suicide that's what I was told by my doctor specifically what do I need to point out and the personal view of the assessor should I point that out you don't grow out of autism

More
5 years 5 months ago #221949 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mandatory Reconsideration
L

The Decision Letter will explain the Decision Maker's reasons, if you have the assessor's report then this will provide additional insight as to how the Decision was made.

You need to go through the PIP2 you completed to understand why what you have written has not been accepted, then you need to deal with the issues that are raised and re-explain why he has problems.

Make sure you understand the criteria that he is being assessed against, it is easy to interpret the Descriptors in a way that supports your son's problems but this will not be successful, you must treat them as they are written.

He needs to complete the Descriptors reliably and on the majority of days so if these are issues then make sure you explain why.

One last thing, you mention in your post things that you do for him, it is really essential that you show he cannot do these things himself and it is not a case of hos choosing not to do them or that it is more convenient or quicker if yo do them.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.