× Members

Universal Credit and House Ownership

More
5 years 5 months ago #221908 by kah22
I have a friend who is in hospital at the moment, at 55 and with a serious illness I doubt is she will be employable

Her family have bought an apartment and wish to sign it over to my friend

A major worry they have is will this affect her UC, as she’s been in hospital for about ten weeks her benefits will have stopped. As we understand it this time around they’ll have to apply for UC, the concern is that my friend will have an asset in excess of what she is allowed to have in savings.

In what way would this asset affect her benefit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #221952 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Universal Credit and House Ownership
Kevin

Providing the property is her primary residence then it should not be treated as an asset and should have no effect on any UC claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.