× Members

Warning re face-to-face assessments

More
5 years 5 months ago #221922 by Mother
Warning re face-to-face assessments was created by Mother
Well I asked for a copy of my PA4V3 in mid October. The wrong letter was sent. I followed up this week and have now received it but it blatantly misrepresents everything I did or said at the assessment so I expect to lose part of my current award rather than increase which is what was expected by my GP and family. I cannot stop shaking and vomiting I am so upset. Do they tape these interviews as listening to the tape would correct these lies - although I hate to call them that. Also can I ask what qualifications the ‘health professional’ undertaking the assessment holds? I have significant pain, weakness and mobility issues due to FMS and arthritis. My family and friends are all in health or care professions including GP, O.T, nursing and paramedics. None of them can believe the difference in the assessment and what they see in a day to day basis. The assessor has not even used correct terms for difficulties or aids. Please advise on what to do next.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #221957 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Warning re face-to-face assessments
Roberts

I've moved your post to its own topic, we ask members not to post their questions in other member's topics as it can lead to the wrong advice being given or taken.

PIP assessments are not recorded.

The report should indicate the points that the assessor is recommending.

A Decision should be about 4-6 weeks after the assessment so there may be a narrow window for you to write to the Decision Maker at the DWP office dealing with your claim.

Failing that you can request a Mandatory Reconsideration when you receive the Decision, our PIP area has a number of documents that will help you prepare for this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 5 months ago #222068 by Mother
Replied by Mother on topic Warning re face-to-face assessments
Thank you so much Gordon. I am sorry my post was a bit rambling but I was really shocked as I felt as if I had been in a different meeting. I have fought my condition for years but every day it gets harder. I will write a letter with my daughter but failing that will request MR. The silly thing is that before I became so poorly I used your advice sheets for my mother and my son with great success. It is so much harder to admit your own vulnerabilities. So thank you all for the help you offer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.