× Members

New medical condition to report to ESA

More
5 years 5 months ago #221958 by Diana
My daughter was awarded ESA after going to a tribunal in October 2016 and put in the WRAG group. She has been called in to the Job Centre only 5 or 6 times since then. On her last visit she told them that she had recently been diagnosed with frontal lobe epilepsy and was now on medication for this. They said they would inform DWP for her about her change in condition and now she has received an ESA50 to complete. On phoning Jobcentre Plus to ask for more time (letter dated 14thNov, not received till 21st Nov and to be returned by 13th Dec, being dyslexic she needs to get help), they said that she was actually not due for an ESA re-assessment until October 2020 but best to complete the whole form. Can you offer any advice please, does this mean she’ll have to go through another face to face assessment? The last one caused her so much stress and anxiety and may even be the cause of her eplilepsy!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #221992 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New medical condition to report to ESA
D

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

The ESA50 is almost certainly the result of her reporting the new Epilepsy diagnosis.

I'm afraid there is no extension available for completing the ESA50, even if you have been told by the ESA Helpline that she can have one she should stick to the original date, the call centre staff do not have authority to alter the required date.

if returning it on time is an issue then my advice is to return it by the required date and send the extra information as soon as you can afterwards.

Please make sure that you/she use our current ESA Claim guides to help you complete the form. See

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diana

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.