× Members

MR of PIP, no change AND the assessor LIED

More
5 years 5 months ago #222366 by dingleydell
MR of PIP, no change AND the assessor LIED was created by dingleydell
So I *finally* received the F2F assessors report after waiting for over 3 months and having to chase it up twice.
The assessor has lied on the form. She stated that she asked me to do a "serial 7s" task and that I was able to calculate the correct change when asked a simple sum. SHE DID NOT ASK ME TO DO EITHER OF THESE THINGS! I am astounded that this is allowed to happen. I would encourage everyone to take recording equipment into their assessment to be able to prove what actually happens.
She said that I had recently had my hair coloured - I have *never* coloured my hair in my entire life. She did not ask me if I had so how is she able to make such an assumption and write it in the report?
The report is full of complete misrepresentations and untruths.
I will be appealing as the MR came back with no change (zero points).
How should I make it clear that this report is full of errors, misrepresentations and lies? What should I include in the appeal form?
thanks in advance for your help, I am at the end of my tether.
Rosie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #222403 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic MR of PIP, no change AND the assessor LIED
Rosie

The PIP Appeal guide has links to the SSCS1 form that you will need to complete and the Submissions guide has a complete example that you can use to help you fill it in, you do not need to provide detailed reasons at this stage for your request.

Once your appeal is accepted the DWP will prepare their submission to the hearing and send you a copy, whilst you should wait until you receive this to finish and submit your own, you should start to prepare your own case, an increased award will only be made by your showing that you score the extra points for one, so I would start by going back through your PIP2, the assessment report and the PIP Claim guide to see how you might show this is the case.

When referring to the report try and stick to issues of fact and where possible refer back to your own testimony in the claim form and the evidence that you sent in. Argue issues that lead to your scoring.

It's not always an issue of depreciating the report, see

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3688-most...enior-tribunal-judge

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: dingleydell

More
5 years 5 months ago #222744 by dingleydell
Replied by dingleydell on topic MR of PIP, no change AND the assessor LIED
Thanks for your response Gordon.
I am a bit confused. Is it best to NOT provide a detailed response at this stage (although this is what seems to be suggested in the PIP Appeals Submissions guide)? I should just state something along the lines that I believe I should be awarded X for Daily Living and Mobility, that the Medical Assessment is inaccurate and incomplete and should not be relied upon for making any decision? And that I will send a detailed response at a later date?
thank you
Rosie

More
5 years 5 months ago #222769 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic MR of PIP, no change AND the assessor LIED
Rosie

It's your choice whether to provide detailed content with your SSCS1 or as a submission later, I would not do both, the advantages of waiting are less pressure to provide your content and that you will be able to take account of any issues that are raised in the DWP's submission.

There are a sample SSCS1 and submission in the PIP Submissions document in the PIP area.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.