× Members

Awarded PIP will I get ESA after reassessment ?

More
5 years 5 months ago #222369 by Martin Chandler
Awarded PIP will I get ESA after reassessment ? was created by Martin Chandler
Hi all. After a reassessment, I have just been awarded PIP but this time with standard rate for mobility added. I also have to fill out ESA50 (reassessment). Will the PIP decision carry any weight in the ESA decision ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #222407 by Gordon
M

It will help but ESA is not a walking test, it is a Mobility test! In addition to your walking, it considers your ability to self-propel a manual wheelchair over the same distances, you do not need to be using a wheelchair or even to own one for it to be considered. SO even if you can show your walking is restricted unless you can also show that you cannot self-propel the wheelchair you will still not score points.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martin Chandler

More
5 years 5 months ago #222483 by Martin Chandler
Replied by Martin Chandler on topic Awarded PIP will I get ESA after reassessment ?
Many thanks. My problem is Osteoarthritis of both hips and both knees. I had a hip replacement in March this year and now I have a very bad knee. However, it is sometimes better than others and sometimes I get it in the other knee. It's hard to define EXACTLY what my restrictions are from day to day. Should I use the worst case scenario ?

More
5 years 5 months ago #222494 by Gordon

Martin Chandler wrote: Should I use the worst case scenario ?

Definitely not, explain how your condition varies, so as an example' at your worst, how you are most of the time and when you are at your best, for each explain how much time you are like it and how often. For a lot of claimants, even their best might still score points.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martin Chandler

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris