× Members

ESA Reassessment: do I need to rewrite answers?

More
5 years 4 months ago #222512 by MsJane
I've received a new ESA50 recently along with a letter telling me it's time for my work capability to be assessed again. Last time I did the form, I wrote detailed answers and wrote several additional sheets.

This time round, do I have to rewrite the answers and additional sheets? Or can I print off my answers from last time and send them again?

Nothing has changed with regard to how my disability affects me but would I be penalised by sending in the same answers again? Would I be better rewriting it so that the general information stays the same but the exact wording is different?

My logical side says rewrite the answers just in case but the answers I have written from last time really explain exactly what I want them to explain and I'm wary of messing them up.

I hope this post made sense. I'm not great with explaining what I want to explain!

Thank you :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #222526 by Gordon
MsJane

There have been no changes to the ESA Descriptors and Regulations since 2013 but the DWP have regularly updated their guidance, so whilst you can re-use the comments you made on your last ESA50, to complete this one you really need to check these against the current ESA Claim guides to make sure that they are still valid.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Debeleb, MsJane

More
5 years 4 months ago #222581 by MsJane
Thank you very much, Gordon. I will have a look at the most recent stuff and make sure my answers include everything they should :)

Thanks again!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.