× Members

New PIP AR1 form

More
5 years 4 months ago #222515 by annie
New PIP AR1 form was created by annie
Hello,
I have been through the PIP Guide Aug 2018 v32.
Re New AR1 form (p84), it states:
We have very recently (mid August 2018) heard from a few members who have received an AR1 form with different questions to the ones above. Instead of asking if the activity has got: ‘Easier. Harder. No change.’ The form asks:
Tell us if something has changed and approximately when.Tell us how you manage this activity now, including the use of any aids you use.Tell us about any changes to help you need or the help you get from another person.
It’s not clear yet whether this is an updated version of the AR1 or a trial form that only some claimants will receive.
If you do receive a copy of this form please still follow the information in this section. In particular though, we would very strongly advise that even if there has been no change since your last assessment, you still give full details of how you manage each activity now. It is not clear from the new form whether simply saying that there has been no change and giving no further details is an option, so we would definitely work on the assumption that it is not.

Q1. I am currently working through this new AR1 form and have noticed the differences between the old AR1 form and the new one. Do you have any further updates re the new AR1 form since the publication of the PIP Guide Aug 2018 v32?

Q2. On page 6 of the new AR1 form it says “What NOT to send” - a supporting letter from your GP!!
Having had to go through MR before (which increased the points significantly after submitting the MR with a letter of support from the GP detailing medical conditions and impact on daily living activities and mobility) then it seemed like a very sensible step to go through this process again (but this time include the GP letter with the PIP AR form)! Something that you’ve encouraged your readers to do for obvious reasons.
P6 (of the new AR1 form) does say that you CAN send ‘Reports or care or treatment plans’ from GP or consultants.
The supporting letter from the GP does read like a report as it details the medical conditions (one by one) and with each medical condition describes the limitations posed in relation to mobility and relevant daily living activities. A physical examination was completed at the same time. Would it be a good idea to just ask my GP to remove the line “I am writing a letter of support for X’s PIP Award Review” and state in the PIP AR that we are including a report from the GP??

Q3. With the PIP AR you’ve encouraged readers to include all details (just like when submitting the original PIP form) so that if a face to face assessment is required then the HP has all information (in case the PIP form isn’t seen). Is that still the case?

Q4. I’ve been tweaking the information previously submitted (PIP) so that it describes how things are right now (obviously some of the content is exactly the same but other parts have more detail to include the impact from further diagnoses). No aspect has got better, most aspects worse from this. I was planning on printing these A4 pages (there is too much information to fit in the boxes) and attaching them to the back of the form (numbered and with NI). Is that OK?
Re the sections with this:
A. Tell us if something has changed and approximately when.
B. Tell us how you manage this activity now, including the use of any aids you use.
C. Tell us about any changes to help you need or the help you get from another person.
Could I just add the following??
In box A - “This activity is now even harder since being diagnosed with Z in ….”.
In box B and C - “This is detailed on page X of Y”.
Or do you have any better suggestions?

Any thoughts and feedback related to the above questions would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks and very best wishes,
Annie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #222528 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New PIP AR1 form
Annie

Q1. No

Q2. You can send what you want with the AR1 form. You don't say how old the original letter from your GP is, you need to speak to them about whether they are prepared to re-issue it.

Q3. The AR1 in its old form did not do the job that it was intended to do, the new one refers directly to the claimant's limitations and because of this, we believe that it needs to be completed in detail.

Q4. Yes. I'm not a great fan of splitting information between the form and attached pages so if you can get your answer into the space provided then do so but if you can't then I would put it all on the attached pages. Splitting the information risks the information on the attached pages not being read properly.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: annie

More
5 years 4 months ago #222558 by annie
Replied by annie on topic New PIP AR1 form
Gordon,

Thank you for your replies.
Re Q2
The GP has already completed an updated letter (November 2018) which includes further limitations posed by a further diagnosis.

At the start of the GP letter he states "I am writing a letter of support for Annie’s PIP Award Review”.

However on page 6 of the new AR1 form it says
“What NOT to send” - supporting letter from your GP!![/i]

I am fearful that if the letter from the GP is included with the above mentioned line in then the Case Manager will refuse to read the letter as it states on p6 that it shouldn't be sent but conversely a GP report is OK.

Can they refuse to read supporting information if it's in the 'What NOT to send' category?

Have you seen p6 of the new AR1 form? Would it help if I submitted a scanned copy of the page?

Many thanks,

More
5 years 4 months ago #222567 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic New PIP AR1 form
Annie

I can only repeat what I have already said, you can send what evidence you want with your AR1, the DWP have no legal right to restrict what evidence can be included and must review anything you do send.

Sending this letter/report will not have any negative impact on your reassessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.