× Members

ESA Assessment

More
5 years 4 months ago #222519 by Milton Erickson
ESA Assessment was created by Milton Erickson
Hi, I am due to have my assessment on friday 14th December. I have numerous health issues but the ones that directly affect my ability to work are being electrosensitive which means i cannot be in any environment with wifi/mobile phones/computers etc. for very long without suffering debilitating symptoms. I also have nerve pain in my feet which means i cannot wear shoes that touch the tops or sides of my feet and can only wear flipflops. Also cannot be on my feet for too long without setting the pain off. I have other issues that cause a lot of pain and also narcolepsy. Now for the past 3 years i have been training and studying hypnotherapy which can be performed online ( i have a wired and shielded laptop ) and am now finally qualified. I have had amazing results with all the case studies i have done and really feel this is my calling. It suits my circumstances because i can do it from home. My plan was to start seeing paying clients next year with the hope of eventually coming of benefits or at least changing to a different benefit that supports people on low income. Do i explain all of this at my assessment ? I want to be honest but if they say i'm no longer entitled to ESA and i have to start going to appointments etc this will prevent me from doing what i have worked so hard towards. Any advice much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #222533 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Assessment
A

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

This is an assessment of how you are now, not how you might be next year, if you start the work then you will have to notify the DWP but you do not need to do so now.

As an aside, have a look at our ESA section there is a guide to Permitted Work which may be relevant if you do start working.

Have a look at our ESA Claim guides there are sections that cover the assessment and the questions you are likely to be asked.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Milton Erickson

More
5 years 4 months ago #222584 by Milton Erickson
Replied by Milton Erickson on topic ESA Assessment
Thank you Gordon, I have looked at the Permitted Work guide but haven't found the guide that helps you understand the assessment process. Sorry for repeating this in another post.

More
5 years 4 months ago #222603 by Gordon
M

The ESA Claim guides are in the same section as the PW guide!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 4 months ago #222632 by Milton Erickson
Replied by Milton Erickson on topic ESA Assessment
Well i have looked in every place possible and all i keep finding are the guides to filling out the forms for either mental or physical !
I found this :-
"We explain the enormous importance of how you travel to the medical.
We tell you what sort of questions you’ll be asked.
We explain the sort of unfair assumptions that can be made based on your answers and how to guard against them.
We tell you about the sort of observations the doctor may make before, during and after the medical.
We explain how the software the doctor uses works and show you screenshots of what the doctor is looking at on their computer."
This is what I'm looking for so where do i find this ? What is the guide with that information called ?
When i click on resources i get 404 page not found and the other pages i click on keep asking me to buy membership to access info even though i am obviously signed in !

More
5 years 4 months ago #222645 by Gordon
M

You need to look in the guides that I have already pointed you to.

Employment & Support Allowance and Universal Credit Claims On Physical Health Grounds pages 78-88

Employment & Support Allowance and Universal Credit Claims On Mental Health Grounds pages 80-91

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Milton Erickson

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.