× Members

Review of Appointee Arrangements

More
5 years 4 months ago #222520 by Barney Rubble
Review of Appointee Arrangements was created by Barney Rubble
I’m an Appointee for my son. DWP have just carried out a review of his ESA and he has been placed back into the Support Group without a face-to-face assessment (which I requested) because of his mental health medical conditions. My son attempted suicide last time his ESA was reviewed two years ago at the thought of having to attend a face-to-face assessment.

DWP are presently assessing a claim for PIP as his DLA is ending. I have again requested a paper based assessment be carried out because of his medical conditions and suicidal behaviour with medical evidence to support the request. At the moment Independent Assessment Services are saying they need to carry out a face-to-face assessment but are reconsidering in the light of further medical evidence requested from my son's Psychiatrist.

Today, out of the blue I get a phone call from the DWP saying they want to carry out a review of the Appointee arrangement. The lady who called would not tell me exactly what they wanted to know. She said it was a random review. I am totally suspicious as the timing seems to be too much of a coincidence. She said she is aware of the recent ESA award and the current PIP application. She said she was aware of my son’ likely aggressive behaviour at such a meeting.

Could you please tell me what goes on at one of these Appointee reviews. What sort of questions are they likely to ask? What are they trying to find out? She wants to see both myself and my son.

There is a significant risk of a deterioration in his already fragile mental health if this meeting goes ahead. Who wants to have to deal with that over Christmas. Do I have any options to defer it until after Christmas or get it cancelled.

Barney

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #222535 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Review of Appointee Arrangements
BR

How old is your son? If he is 16-17 then this is a standard review as he is now considered an adult for the purposes of benefits and it is to see whether he is now capable of handling his affairs on his own.

I assume that they will be completing another BF56 form, see the following

assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/governm...ple_of_form_BF56.pdf

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 4 months ago #222544 by Barney Rubble
Replied by Barney Rubble on topic Review of Appointee Arrangements
Gordon,

He is age 40.

Could you please tell me what goes on at one of these Appointee reviews. What sort of questions are they likely to ask? What are they trying to find out? She wants to see both myself and my son.

There is a significant risk of a deterioration in his already fragile mental health if this meeting goes ahead. Who wants to have to deal with that over Christmas. Do I have any options to defer it until after Christmas or get it cancelled.

More
5 years 4 months ago #222546 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Review of Appointee Arrangements
BR

If you look at the link I posted then you will see the form that needs to be completed and the questions that are going to be asked.

Speak to the JC+ advisor, it should be possible to defer the appointment until next year, you could send them copies of the reports that you have sent for his PIP claim to see whether it will make a difference about them holding the meeting.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Barney Rubble

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.