× Members

WAS Lettet

More
5 years 4 months ago #222548 by lolbol
WAS Lettet was created by lolbol
Hi,
My husband has received what we thought was a ESA form for another assesment. It's actually turned out, its an infamous, we could owe you money letter!!
However I cannot believe that because I work 26 hours a week, he is not entitled to anything
Can you please confirm that my understanding of it is correct?

Many Thanks
Lauren

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #222551 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WAS Lettet
Lauren

If you have worked for 24 or more hours a week since your husband was transferred to ESA then I'm afraid no ESA(IR) is payable and he won't be entitled to a back payment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: lolbol

More
5 years 4 months ago #222553 by freefee
Replied by freefee on topic WAS Lettet
i too have received this letter, i never like contacting them, my wife has worked full time also during these years, what is best to do? ignore the letter or phone them up and let them know? thanks in advance

More
5 years 4 months ago #222555 by lolbol
Replied by lolbol on topic ESA Letter
Many thanks for your reply Gordon!
I know during a period of the time scale they are asking about I was only working 18hrs. However I think this was only for about 6 months. Is it worth putting this on the form?
Lauren

More
5 years 4 months ago #222563 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WAS Lettet

freefee wrote: i too have received this letter, i never like contacting them, my wife has worked full time also during these years, what is best to do? ignore the letter or phone them up and let them know? thanks in advance

They need you toc confirm why you are not completing the form so Just write a short letter saying you have worked full-time and send it back with the form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 4 months ago #222564 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Letter

Lauren wrote: Many thanks for your reply Gordon!
I know during a period of the time scale they are asking about I was only working 18hrs. However I think this was only for about 6 months. Is it worth putting this on the form?
Lauren

The other limiting factor would be your earnings, if they exceed the amount of ESA(IR) that would be received then it is not payable, the best I can suggest is that you put your information into one of the online benefit calculators to see if it is payable now.

www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: lolbol

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.