× Members

My bank statement says JSA not ESA?

More
5 years 5 months ago #222839 by hippyhappy
My bank statement says JSA not ESA? was created by hippyhappy
Hi,
I have been on ESA for years. On my bank statement it always says "Reference ESA" but the most recent one says "Reference JSA". (The amount was the same as always) It also says the same for the £10 Christmas payment. It might sound silly but this concerns me. I don't feel able to call them.
Could my benefit have been changed without me knowing? Although I wouldn't be entitled to JSA as my husband works.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #222854 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic My bank statement says JSA not ESA?
hippyhappy

If you have had the Christmas Bonus paid then this will be why your ESA is showing as JSA, the payment system for ESA is piggybacked on to the JSA one so when ad hoc payments are made, such as when the Bonus is paid, they show as JSA, your next payment should show as ESA again.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: hippyhappy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.