× Members

ESA Change of address

More
5 years 5 months ago #222981 by Sam
ESA Change of address was created by Sam
Hi

Just a quick question,

I've accepted a council home in the same borough as I've lived in all my life.

The tenancy start date is 7th December
The moving in date is 17th December as they've given me time to move my belongings etc.

Today I updated PIP about my address change. I couldn't get through to esa.

Surely I need to notify them of the moving in date not tenancy start date as I'm still being paid housing benefit up until the 16th then housing benefit will transfer to new property on 17th.

I plan to call ESA tomorrow at 8am to update change of address and tell them I'm moving in Monday 17th.

Can ESA suspend my benefit because I haven't told them I'm moving in 5 days? Will they say that I told PIP but not them about address change? Should I have told them about address change when I signed the tenancy on the 7th? Even though the tenancy agreement says moving in date 17th December?

Surely it goes by moving in date and nothing has been triggered to suspend my claim.

This may sound super anxious. I am as things are going a little to well for me at the moment and I'm not used to it.

If I update address change tomorrow 4 days in advance of moving should that be fine? I live in a UC area but I'm moving within the same local authority.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #222998 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Change of address
Sam

You do need to tell the ESA office dealing with your claim, I would do it either the day before you move or the day after, there is no reason why this should result in your ESA being suspended.

Have you considered asking for your mail to be forwarded to catch any letters that have already been sent to your current address?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 5 months ago #223018 by Sam
Replied by Sam on topic ESA Change of address
Thanks Gordon

I'm on it this morning. Waiting for 8am!

Hope you're well my man

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.