× Members

PIP use of aids but none available

More
5 years 5 months ago #223155 by Jesscat
PIP use of aids but none available was created by Jesscat
Hi everyone. The HP has marked many of my discriptors down saying I can used aids to assist. My problem is I am unable to find any aids which are suitable for me. I have a shoulder dysfunction and I am not able to lift or move one of my arms away from my body so am unable to dress, bath myself. My career has to physically hold my shoulder in place and lift my arm to complete these tasks, however the HP has said I can do these task with the use of aids! I have been unable to find anything which will support and hold the shoulder in place and lift the arm, do any of you know of anything or could advise me on how to dispute this in my hearing. Many thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #223188 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP use of aids but none available
Jesscat

The PIP Claim guide has a list of the aids considered for each activity, you need to explain why you cannot use these and why if you are to score higher. You mention problems with one shoulder, if the other is OK then the DWP will expect you to use this even if it is not your dominant hand.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.