× Members

DWP F2F Assessment Advice Please

More
5 years 4 months ago #223157 by Ianeif2
DWP F2F Assessment Advice Please was created by Ianeif2
Hi,

my son and I are at our wits end because he is facing a 3rd assessment in one year. He's had DWP assessment where a very young man in his 20's took away his mobility then deemed disabled enough at his PIP assessment.

Since then we had to fill out the Esa50 where we then received a letter from ESA placing him in the support group which he was already in.

That was in summer.

Now he has been called for yet another assessment. The letter just says DWP have asked them to carry out an assessment regarding his claim before Christmas. So that DWP, PIP, ESA form and wait and now another DWP medical.

This is torture and making my son's mental health problems caused by his disabilities much worse.

Is this normal? He was on mobility and support group for 3 years until this last year where he will have had 3 medicals plus the stress of the forms to fill out that makes him focus on all that's wrong with him.

Could this be all down to the young man removing his mobility when he clearly needs it? Has the ESA50 flagged that up?

Or is this the actual assessment all have following filling in the ESA50?

It seems odd as that was 5 months ago and as I said he got a letter from ESA telling him he'd been placed in the support group.

I get that they need to catch fraudulent claimer's but my son's condition is only ever going to get worse so this makes no sense to us to be on this benefit for 3 years after a big struggle that involved appealing after medicals, finally being awarded and left alone for 3 years then now he's even worse gets forced to have 3 medicals in one year.

We are trying to help him get better from severe anxiety but it feels like they are trying push him over the edge.

We can't afford to keep him or we'd remove him from this hell.

On top of all this the drive might not even be possible because of the weather forecast.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #223190 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP F2F Assessment Advice Please
Bob

Who is the assessment with?

Is it with Maximus, aka HAAS, aka CHDA? If it is then it is in regard to the ESA50 he completed in the summer, there are considerable delays in the ESA assessment process and other members have reported having to wait months for an interview to be booked.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 4 months ago #223237 by Ianeif2
Replied by Ianeif2 on topic DWP F2F Assessment Advice Please
It doesn't say a name.

Just says we have been asked by the department for work and pensions (DWP) to carry out an assessment in relation to your benefit claim.

At center for health and disability assessement center.

We have been and had an assessment there already once.

More
5 years 4 months ago #223247 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP F2F Assessment Advice Please
Bob

I've answered in your other topic

Please continue your post in one of your topics only.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.