× Members

PIP Form someone else to fill it in ?

More
5 years 4 months ago #223166 by CLINTIAN
PIP Form someone else to fill it in ? was created by CLINTIAN
Dear Gordon and friends,
My husband could have a PIP re assessment as early as the start of next year, therefore I am preparing for this by working my way through the various daily living and mobility activities.
Due to my husband’s illnesses and myself his wife and carer he struggles to motivate himself to do various activities including filling in such a complicated form as this PIP.

Question: As I will be filling in the form should I give evidence in such a way as to show that I am filling in the form on behalf of my husband, as an example: My husband’s illnesses are and he can’t do this, or should I fill the form out as if my husband is writing it, as an example: My illnesses are and I can’t do this?

Question: Would it give more power to my husband’s case if for an example a citizen’s advice person or his current CBT health professional filled out the PIP form? The trouble is they have not known him that long so there knowledge of completing a full and detailed report would be limited compared obviously to our knowledge, or could I type out the relevant information for each of the daily and mobility activities and hand this over to them to use and fill in?

One last question, as his current CBT therapy might not last that long and finish before a possible early PIP re assessment, should we give the health professional who does his CBT the PIP [G.P. tick boxes] from your members area to fill out now, trouble is if it is dated this month and the PIP re assessment might not be until early next year then would the PIP tick boxes be relevant if filled out a few months before a re assessment?
Sorry for all the questions, wishing you and your fellow colleagues a Merry Christmas and happy new year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #223206 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Form someone else to fill it in ?
BODGE

A. It's really up to you. If you are using his words then you should complete the form as if he has filled it in. If not, then do it in the third person.

In either case, explain what has been done and why and specifically why you have completed the form rather than him.

A. There can be an advantage to a Welfare Rights advisor filling out the form but we have also heard from members who have been dissatisfied with what has been written. I would not expect the CBT person to be willing to complete the form.

A, Speak to the CBT person to understand what support they would be willing to offer, you may find that they are not allowed to provide any letters or reports but if they are then I would take up the offer now while they are still treating your husband, they may change there mind once they aren't.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLINTIAN, Waxwing

More
5 years 4 months ago #223278 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Form someone else to fill it in ?
I filled in the form for my husband and it was clear it was me talking. I used his name in every paragraph. "A... cannot do...etc.

In the past I would have let people fill in forms eg DLA - I definitely would not for PIP. It's unlikely a stranger can devote sufficient time to filling it in as well and giving the detailed knowledge which is needed against the criteria. I wouldn't even hand over the information - what if they cut some of the information you deem vital? Too risky in my view. If you can manage it then I would do so. Good luck with it.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.