× Members

Disabled and want to work but...

More
5 years 4 months ago #223167 by Rebecca
Disabled and want to work but... was created by Rebecca
I currently (now) receive ESA with SDP because of being successful with receiving PIP; care and mobility at standard rate. I worked out using the main calculator, what it would be like if I had a change of circumstances and managed to work 20 hours a week, and so would have to receive universal credit. And the calculations work out that I would approximately be £30 a week better off through working 20 hours a week! That wouldn't even pay my petrol. I want to be able to work but feel totally stuck because as soon as I even try, it would trigger a claim to the dreaded UC. So it makes me feel trapped to remain on ESA until they complete the roll out to UC. Is this how it is for all disabled people who want to try and work?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #223208 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Disabled and want to work but...
Rebecca

You can do Permitted Work but there are restrictions on the hours that you can work and the amount you can earn, there is a guide in the ESA area.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rebecca

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.