× Members

Capability for Work Questionnnaire

More
5 years 4 months ago #223170 by chafur47
Capability for Work Questionnnaire was created by chafur47
Title is "Capability for Work Questionnaire" bottom right it says ESA50 05/18

Q1. Are the questions the same as the ESA50 of 2013 which I filled in?

Q2. Why am I asked to fill in the questionnaire again, (last 2013) and not a review???

Q2. If exactly the same, have the DWP changed any of the descriptors points?

Q3. If lboth the above answer is no, can my carer just copy and paste?

Q3, The form has to be returned by 27 Dec/18, but Idon't think I was given 28 working
days to fill it in, can I request an extension? I am waiting for some test results etc..
and more evidence through the Access Request, social workers etc..
Or, should I send the form with a note saying more evidence will follow?

Q4. Would it be helpful if my GP wrote a note to list some of the diagnosis, saying that all
my symptoms are concurrent with the list of diagnoses? Some of which are
irreversible, so no recent medical tests etc.,

Q5. Where can I find the document abour long term chronic illnesses, that exempts from f2f
assessments?

Q6. Can I still use some Regulations such as Regs 25 amd Reg 35 or 39 for ESA50?

Thank you for your responses. Worried, concerned, very ill,. bedbound/homebound, the only access to adivce is through a well manned forum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #223211 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Capability for Work Questionnnaire
chafur

Q1. There were changes to some of the ESA Descriptors and Regulations in early 2013, so if the form was from late 2012 or early 2013 then there may be differences.

Q2. This is a review but all ESA reassessments look at the claim from scratch.

Q3. Even if the ESA50 was from mid to late 2013, the DWP guidance has been updated multiple times since you last completed the forms. so it may be possible to use the previous content but you need to check it against the current ESA CLaim guides to make sure that it is still valid.

There is no extension available for completing the ESA50 so return it on time with a note saying evidence to follow.

Q4. It can't hurt.

Q5. There are links in the following

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3670-end-...imants-will-miss-out

Q6. It's 25 (if hospital in-patient is applicable), 29 and 35, the latter two are covered under Substantial Risk in the guides.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 4 months ago #223270 by chafur47
Replied by chafur47 on topic Capability for Work Questionnnaire
Thank you Gordon, much to take in....just wondering, I am a wheelchair user, unable to self propel due to tendonitis, torn tendons etc.. in shoulders and elbows. The carer pushes my wheelchair.
What if a claimant has to use stairs to go down. no lift access, sit on his bottom, and slowly go down using the balustrade the wall with carer's help, and able sometimes, to walk with a walking stick indoors around 2 metres, sufffers falls and injuries. Would this loose any points towards mobility for ESA 50? The hospital provides him a carry chair to go upstairs to his flat.

More
5 years 4 months ago #223272 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Capability for Work Questionnnaire
chafur

None of this matters if you cannot repeatedly mobilise more than 50m which is what the Descriptor says.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 4 months ago #223276 by chafur47
Replied by chafur47 on topic Capability for Work Questionnnaire
Relieved.thank you.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.