× Members

What's the difference?

More
5 years 4 months ago #223174 by marnie
What's the difference? was created by marnie
On my EA 85A, the assessor has written I would qualify for ESA support group under substantial risk. However on the Decision Maker's report , they say I qualify under one or more descriptors as I got 15 points.
What does this mean?
Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: worrywart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #223215 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic What's the difference?
Marnie

There are three ways to qualify for the Support Group.

- you meet one of the exemption criteria
- you meet one of the SG Descriptors which you have, some of the 15 point Descriptors are the same as the SG ones.
- you meet the Substantial Risk criteria as the assessor has recommended.

You only need to meet one of the above to be placed in the SG so congratulations on the award, well done.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @ESA

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: marnie

More
5 years 4 months ago #223263 by chafur47
Replied by chafur47 on topic What's the difference?
There are three ways to qualify for the Support Group.

- you meet one of the exemption criteria
- you meet one of the SG Descriptors which you have, some of the 15 point Descriptors are the same as the SG ones.
- you meet the Substantial Risk criteria as the assessor has recommended.

You only need to meet one of the above to be placed in the SG so congratulations on the award, well done.

Congrats for avoiding the reassessment which is so stressful. Where can I find guidelines concerning exemptions from f2f and reassement? Am in the SG of ESA since 2013?
I could not go through this again...truly.

Am also looking for info that meets the Susbstantial Risk criteria?

Could I use one of the Regulations such as 25 and 35?

Would it help if my GP wrote a short note to avoid against f2f or reassessment? Am not sure its a reassement, I was sent an ESA 50 issued 2019, is it a renewal? Unsure. Thank you.

More
5 years 4 months ago #223264 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic What's the difference?

chafur47 wrote: Would it help if my GP wrote a short note to avoid against f2f or reassessment? Am not sure its a reassement, I was sent an ESA 50 issued 2019, is it a renewal? Unsure. Thank you.

Yes, if your GP is willing.

Technically it is a reassessment as ESA is an indefinite award and only a new Decision can change or remove your existing award but all ESA reassessments are looked at from scratch so you need to treat is as if it is a new claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.