× Members

ESA Severe Conditions

More
5 years 4 months ago #223201 by Babyr12
ESA Severe Conditions was created by Babyr12
I am filling it the form for reassessment of ESA. I had a 3 year award in the SG.They are reassessing me actually after 5 years.

Is it ok to argue that as well as being in the support group I meet all the conditions to be regard as having 'severe conditions' and therefore not reassessed? ie:1.the level of function will always meet LCWRA. 2. Lifelong condition, once diagnosed, 3.No realistic prospect of recovery of function. 4.Unambiguous condition.

It is mental health and I have very strong evidence from my Psychiatrist.

I can't seem to find anything in the Guides on the 'severe conditions'. I have found online the DWP guidance for heath assessors.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #223230 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Severe Conditions
Bavyr

You should certainly argue your case but be aware, the decision to excuse you from further assessment is not part of the award and is at the discretion of the Decision Maker so it is not a question of you ticking all of the boxes.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 4 months ago #223242 by Babyr12
Replied by Babyr12 on topic ESA Severe Conditions
Thank you Gordon,

so...I can ask for it to be considered and show them why I think it applies but if they don't agree then it is not something I could appeals on? Is that what you mean when you say it is not part of the award?

Thanks

More
5 years 4 months ago #223249 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Severe Conditions
Babyr

No, the decision to excuse a claimant from further assessment is not an appealable Decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 4 months ago #223254 by chafur47
Replied by chafur47 on topic ESA Severe Conditions
Bbyr12: Did you look at the Work Capability Assessment handbook: for healthcare professionals? I googled "DWP guidance for heath assessors." and didn't come accross it. Was it helpful to you?? Thank you.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.