× Members

PIP - is this a "change of circumstances?"

More
5 years 4 months ago #223214 by UncleBuck
Can someone clarify this query, please?
I have COPD and applied for PIP in July and went to the assessment in October. I did not receive enough points - 6 for Daily living, 4 for Mobility, so I have asked for a Mandatory Reconsideration.

Although I never mentioned anything about shopping on my PIP application, the HP asked me about shopping in terms of the Going Out descriptor. As I was mostly having my shopping delivered, I said get it online.

As of a few weeks ago, I haven't ordered online, but started doing more shopping in person at the supermarket - although I need/am prompted to go. So is this regarded as a "change of circumstances," and should I let the dwp know about this, while I am waiting for my MR decision?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #223231 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP - is this a "change of circumstances?"
littletiki

If this is the result of an improvement in your conditions then you are required to notify the DWP, however, if it the result of other things, for example; the delivery service no longer being available then you don't.

If you notify the DWP then it is likely that your claim will be reassessed,

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 4 months ago #223235 by UncleBuck
Replied by UncleBuck on topic PIP - is this a "change of circumstances?"
Hi Gordon,

I haven't been awarded the PIP, yet.

I have COPD, which hasn't improved and never will

Also, to be honest, I stopped the delivery service, not by choice, but because I started having courtesy issues with the delivery drivers because I couldn't help them carry their trays of food, and which I was not prepared to put up with - but did not want to complain about, either. Does that mean that it it NOT a change of circumstances?
thanks

More
5 years 4 months ago #223246 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP - is this a "change of circumstances?"
littletiki

Here's the problem.

You have told the assessor that you have your shopping delivered and they may well have made assumptions about your abilities as a result of this, what I am unable to figure out from your posts is whether you were having your shopping delivered for convenience or because you could not manage it yourself.

My concern is that if an award is made because the assessor believed you could not shop and the DWP find that in fact, you are capable of doing this then the basis of any award could be seriously undermined.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: UncleBuck

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.