× Members

Please help wondering why assessment cancelled?

More
5 years 4 months ago #223268 by lauren
hi there, I suffer from Anxiety and Depression as well as a host of medical problems all of which Im on quite a bit of medication.I am registered as self employed which suits me as I might have few months where I cant work as I find the depression and anxiety overwhelming.After my father died earlier this year I wasnt taking my meds and over dosed so I claimed ESA and stopped working for myself until I felt able to cope again.Recently after starting some new anxiety meds I have felt able to do some part time work self employment and sent in a permititted work form as I wanted to keep every thing above board.Today just an hour before my medical face to face I had a phone call telling me it was cancelled and she would sent out a new appointment.Something in her voice told me she probably wouldnt..Because Im back part time working have they just terminated my claim? This would be scary for me as Im still very up and down after my receipt bout.I also made a big mistake on the permitted work form I said I was back working 16hrs.Is this too many hours.Also I took and overdose a couple of weeks ago and my Dr said I should continue with my claim as shes not sure I should start work just yet..So confused.Could any one shed any light? I will now be worried sick until I hear something Thanks .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #223269 by Gordon
Lauren

The assessment being cancelled does not mean that your ESA claim has been closed, it is probably the result of there not being enough assessors on the day, Maximus overbook their assessor's diaries due to the number of interviews that are missed by claimants but sometimes they get caught out.

Re your Permitted Work, you cannot work 16 hours a week and be eligible for Permitted Work, it must be less than 16 hours, so 15 hours and 59 minutes is acceptable.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: lauren

More
5 years 4 months ago #223271 by chafur47
Lauren: not qualified to advise, just sharing similar experience. I requested to record my home assessment. The assessor turned up, but left immediately when she saw the recording machines. The next assessment was also cancelled. They either could not find an assessor who didn't mind being recorded, or were short of assessors. Try not to worry..

More
5 years 4 months ago #223277 by lauren
Thats interesting.On the good advice I read here, I did ask for the assessment to be recorded.I wonder if my request is an issue..

More
5 years 4 months ago #223287 by Gordon

lauren wrote: Thats interesting.On the good advice I read here, I did ask for the assessment to be recorded.I wonder if my request is an issue..

It is possible that the equipment required to record an assessment was not available in time for your interview.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.