× Members

ESA to UC mixup yet again

More
5 years 4 months ago #223490 by Valerie
ESA to UC mixup yet again was created by Valerie
My son used to be on DLA high rate as among other things he is epileptic with no warnings, but was put onto PIP at low rate a year or two ago...he was also in the support group of ESA. This was put down to another level when the high rate DLA was changed to PIP. He has now been asked to attend an assessment because ESA is changing to Universal Credit. The first assessment was cancelled an hour before it was due, but after he had already left home to attend. The second assessment was yesterday for 11.15. I went with him via taxi and we got there at five past 11 just to be told it was cancelled and they had wrung his house at 11 o clock to tell his wife. He was totally devastated as it is a huge strain for him to go to these things. I just cannot believe they would leave it soo late to inform him and a wasted taxi fare ...He says he will never go again....his mother in law has had her ESA stopped until they assess her and she has to fill in a group thing online every day(regardless if folk have a computer or not !) to look for work ...if she misses filling in this journal they phone her ...if my son has to go through that it will just finish him ...I hadn’t even heard of this ....this is in Sunderland ....is it happening all over ?? ....and is there anything you can comment on this to help him....I always go to these things with him as he never knows when he will fit ....and yesterday I could see he was very close to it ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #223494 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA to UC mixup yet again
Valerie

Nobody's ESA is being moved to UC unless they need to make a new claim for one of the benefits that come under the UC umbrella and you haven't mentioned him doing this!

If his ESA claim is being reassessed and it has been decided that a face to face is required then your son must attend or his ESA claim will be closed and his only option will be to claim UC.

He should make a complaint to Maximus, should write or email to the addresses below:

Customer Relations Team
Health Assessment Advisory Service
Room 4E04, Quarry House, Quarry Hill, Leeds LS2 7UA

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 4 months ago #223518 by Valerie
Replied by Valerie on topic ESA to UC mixup yet again
No idea why I am getting an error message when I try to reply

More
5 years 4 months ago #223535 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA to UC mixup yet again

Valerie wrote: No idea why I am getting an error message when I try to reply

Obviously not now :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 4 months ago #223965 by Valerie
I have seen the message to all members regarding cancellations of appointments ...my son’s last about was in Sunderland for 11.15 ...so we were there ready, went to the desk, then told it was cancelled and she had “no idea why” ...my son was devastated ..he is epileptic and seriously anxious at this time. We have since found others who have also gone to the Sunderland place, getting cancellations and then on the third appointment told there was a wait of 2-2and half hours and if they didn’t wait they would lose their benefits !!! Sounds a bit like strong tactics to me ....we are still waiting the third appointment letter ....just wondered if there is anyone else here who has had this problem in Sunderland ...

More
5 years 4 months ago #223971 by Valerie
Received third appointment today for Wednesday next week ....he says he can’t face it again and being cancelled as soon as he gets there so would it be better to have someone come to the house ....bearing in mind his last PIP assessment was at the house and ended up a farce ....the young woman was an hour late, said her car broke down, then her laptop broke down so she ended up having to write notes ..I asked if she had any experience of epilepsy and what it could cause after, and she said no, never ever seen one ...she was very quick and left ...result was they overturned the tribunal’s decision , and we are still waiting months after for another tribunal date ...it is just absolutely disgraceful ........

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.