× Members

PIP Review

More
5 years 4 months ago #223637 by LuluSkydiva
PIP Review was created by LuluSkydiva
I am just writing to ask for some advice please. I won a tribunal appealing against my original PIP decision, which was to award me Daily Living Component at the lower rate and Mobility rate at the enhanced rate for 3 years (with a review after 2). The date of the original decision was 11/1/1017. The tribunal date was 11/12/2017. The tribunal stated that the original decision by the Secretary of State be set aside. I was awarded Enhanced rate of both PIP components for 10 years (starting from 15/2/2017 and lasting to 14/2/202).. I am just very confused now because I have received a letter and review forms from the PIP telling me it is time to review my award. The letter states when we awarded you Personal Independent Payment on 23/2/2017 we told you we would write to you before your award ends to see if your needs have changed and to make sure your award is still right. Do you think they have made a mistake here? I wasn't expecting a review anywhere near this moment in time. It has taken me completely by surprise and hasn't given me any time to collect any evidence. Is this standard procedure to get a yearly review even if you have been awarded 10 year?. Or do you think they may have got confused with the original decision and are offering me a review because of this?

Thanks very much.

Louise

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #223686 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Review
Louise

It's likely that the people who initiate the reviews are unaware of your appeal Decision so you need to contact the DWP office dealing with your claim to make sure they know about this.

They should withdraw the reassessment but if they don't then you will need to complete and return the form as failing to do so will automatically close your claim. If they do proceed then I would contact your MP.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: LuluSkydiva

More
5 years 3 months ago #224369 by LuluSkydiva
Replied by LuluSkydiva on topic PIP Review
Hi Gordon

Thank you so much. My carer phoned the DHSS on the same day you replied and was told that they had made a mistake, to ignore the forms and they would send a letter to confirm this. ie that I no longer needed the review. We waited 8 days and didn't received the letter so my carer phoned them again yesterday. He was then told that the system had been updated and that they hadn't felt the need to send the letter (but they would now after my carer insisted it was better for us to have this proof in writing). So as they were still agreeing this was a mistake we though this would be the end of it. But now, this morning, my carer has had a message left on his answerphone from somebody else at the DHSS stating that they now wanted to give me a home visit next Tuesday as they believed I was having problems. Well nothing my carer said gave them any reason to think that anything else had changed. I have always been having problems but there is nothing new. He hasn't phoned them back yet because I am wondering the best course of action to take. Obviously this is all very stressful. I have ME/CFS and chronic almost daily sever migraines and I havn't even filled out the review form because it would take me ages and a lot of mental effort and also I was told I didn't need to. In fact they also told me not to because if I did they would then need to act on it even if they had mistakenly sent it. My carer is happy to contact our local MP or do anything else needed. I can't see how this is possibly fair because I literally have gathered no evidence and have got no time to even fill in the form and gather any by Tuesday. If you could offer any other advice then please let me know.

Yours gratefully

Louise

More
5 years 3 months ago #224377 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Review
Louise

Get your carer to ring the person who's visiting to find out why they are coming, you can then decide what to do, it may not be to do with the form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: LuluSkydiva

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.