× Members

Work Capability assessement stopped

More
5 years 4 months ago #223655 by yeovil2003
Work Capability assessement stopped was created by yeovil2003
Happy New Year all

Just a question as I am wondering if anyone else has experienced the same.

I attended a work capability assessment before xmas, the assessor was a nurse. After half an hour of asking about my illness and some general questions the assessment was stopped and I was told I needed to be assessed by a physio therefore I would have to come back another day and be re assessed.

My husband queried this as surely they had looked at my form etc before so why did they not put me in with a physio. The nurse was apologetic and just said that it needed to be a physio and therefore I would have to have another appointment sent out to me.

It seemed strange as they would have had all my notes, forms etc which a lot of it was the same information as I had given at my last assessment as my condition had not altered and if I recall last time it was a paramedic who assessed me and now they are saying it has to be a physio.

I just wondered if anyone else had had this happen to them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #223701 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Work Capability assessement stopped
Jules

I have heard of it happening when a doctor was required but never for a physio.

I would consider a complaint to Maximus

Complaining to PIP and ESA Assessment Providers

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 4 months ago #223731 by yeovil2003
Replied by yeovil2003 on topic Work Capability assessement stopped
thank you it just seemed bizarre as she said it had to be a physio I really struggled at the assessment as I was in a lot of pain and she ended up saying look at it as a trial run I asked her to finish assessment but she went to take advice and came back and said she had to stop and I would need to see a physio. my husband wrote a letter but so far nothing back. the nurse just said an appointment would be sent out with another date. I gave so much information on my form and I thought she had covered quite a bit but now I've got to go through it again I am getting so stressed about it as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
5 years 4 months ago #223758 by yeovil2003
Hi Gordon

Thank you again just to let you know I have emailed across asking for an explanation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #224550 by yeovil2003
Just thought I would let you know an update. I have had an explanation of sorts. It would seem that when you send your form back they allocate a HCP to assess you who they think is the most suited to assessing you. It would appear that having nearly completed my assessment it was decided that it should have been a physio who assessed me (strange because I was under the impression they were all trained to assess). My assessment was stopped and because it was stopped apparently all information would have been deleted hence the need to go for another assessment. The annoying thing was the assessment had nearly been completed and now I will have to go through this again.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.