× Members

UC and varied income

More
5 years 4 months ago #223929 by Helen_Jones
UC and varied income was created by Helen_Jones
Hello, I'm hoping you can help me again.

I'm currently receiving ESA (support group) but as my partner works I only get my NI contributions paid.

As we were desperate for money I started doing Avon for 2 hours a week and sent in the permitted work request form. I haven't heard anything back about that yet.

Citizens advice suggested my partner apply for working tax credit but my area is now Universal Credit.

So, seeing as my income is tiny and varies week to week and my partners second job income also varies month to month we don't know what to put on the UC form.

It asks for weekly/monthly income but ours is not fixed, how do we fill it in?

I'm also desperate to not do Avon as I'm struggling so much with mental health problems. I'm wondering whether to stop and switch over to UC from ESA because it's not as if they can give me less.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, we just don't know what to do.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #223941 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic UC and varied income
H

Slightly out of order, if your partner is making a claim for UC then it will replace your ESA claim anyway, UC is claimed by the household, your SG award should be migrated over but it can take several weeks for this to happen as it is a manual process.

I would normally say to average your earnings but UC does not work like this, all I can suggest is you try contacting the DWP for advice, the UC Helpline is 0800 328 9344.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.