× Members

GP not contacted for PIP assessment

More
5 years 3 months ago #224107 by buzzer
GP not contacted for PIP assessment was created by buzzer
hi all, I have my f2f assessment this week, and I posted the original PIP application form at the end of last year. My question is if it is normal for my GP not to be contacted to provide evidence? I did put my GP down as first contact as he has a good understanding of my overall health, I also gave contact details for the consultant I see about my other health conditions.

Is this normal? I am thinking about trying to obtain a medical report from my GP and take it in with me for the assessment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224139 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic GP not contacted for PIP assessment
buzzer

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I'm afraid it is quite rare for any of the claimant's medical contacts to be asked to comment on their claim, see

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3721-huge...pip-medical-evidence

If your GP is willing to provide you with help, then it is usually a good thing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: buzzer

More
5 years 3 months ago #224210 by buzzer
Replied by buzzer on topic GP not contacted for PIP assessment
Thank you Gordon. It is probably fair to assume that Capita will not be contacting my GP for evidence. Therefore can I take in and submit a GP report at the f2f stage?

More
5 years 3 months ago #224226 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic GP not contacted for PIP assessment

buzzer wrote: Thank you Gordon. It is probably fair to assume that Capita will not be contacting my GP for evidence. Therefore can I take in and submit a GP report at the f2f stage?

I would send it now, whilst it is unlikely it could allow them to do a Paper Based Review. If the interview goes ahead then take a copy with you and ask the assessor to read it and include it in your file before they start the assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.