× Members

Husband wants to do MA

More
5 years 3 months ago #224217 by Helenbella
Husband wants to do MA was created by Helenbella
Hi guys, this one is a bit complicated. My husband would like to start an MA in September. Would his student loan affect my contribution-based ESA (support group)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224234 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Husband wants to do MA

Bella wrote: Hi guys, this one is a bit complicated. My husband would like to start an MA in September. Would his student loan affect my contribution-based ESA (support group)

No, if you are only receiving ESA(CB) then any income he has will not affect your ESA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Helenbella

More
5 years 3 months ago #224237 by Helenbella
Replied by Helenbella on topic Husband wants to do MA
Really? Thank you Gordon I’ll tell him to go ahead then :) he does get Carers allowance for me but as he planning to do masters over 2 years part time so I believe this would be ok too.
I get. Basic pip and also an nhs pension for (early) disability retirement. My esa(cb) is reduced by about £30 due to the pension.
So does any of this affect anything please?

More
5 years 3 months ago #224241 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Husband wants to do MA
Bella

I assume this is an Open University course, or something similar? He cannot receive CA if this is a full-time course, OU courses are all considered as part-time.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #224259 by Helenbella
Replied by Helenbella on topic Husband wants to do MA
No, it’s at Hull University, but he’s going to do it over two years so counts as part time?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.