× Members

What does this mean?

More
5 years 3 months ago #224218 by redcat
What does this mean? was created by redcat
I have been having my ESA reassessed every year and this time round it says for prognosis “I advise that work is unlikely in the longer term”. It also says I have severe functional disability and there is no mention of when I will be reassesssd as there normally is. I rang the DWP but they didn’t know either. So can I dare to hope from this that I may be put in the group that is not reassessed?

Also, as the report is so strongly in my favour can this influence the decision when you are moved from DLA to PIP?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224235 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic What does this mean?
Shirley

The phrase "unlikely in the longer term" should result in your next reassessment date being two years if you are in the WRAG and three years if you are in the SG.

DLA claimants are being chosen at random so I would not expect you to be invited to claim PIP as a result of this ESA Decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #224248 by redcat
Replied by redcat on topic What does this mean?
What I meant was whenever I’m moved from DLA to PIP would the fact that my ESA assessment was so strongly in my favour be taken into account when judging my PIP claim. For example perhaps mean I’m put in the soft touch group? I have Addison’s Disease so stress can cause me to go on to adrenal crisis which could kill me so I wondered.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224264 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic What does this mean?
Shirley

PIP and ESA, even where there are areas of overlap, have different criteria so it is not standard practice for those assessing you to refer to any of your ESA information, so if you want them to then you need to include the ESA report as part of the evidence you submit for your PIP claim, you will need to explain why it is relevant to your limitations in regard to the PIP activities.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.