× Members

Need help for drafting a short letter

More
5 years 3 months ago #224282 by chafur47
Need help for drafting a short letter was created by chafur47
I was told today by the practice manager via the receptionist that if I draft the letter, and he agreed with the medical content, he edit and = signed if I provididing I supply all the medical evidence, they are too busy!! I would like the draft to focus on the following:
Invoke Regulation 35 it would cause serious danger to myself and others if I was found fit for work or expected to undertake looking for work, study, or aprenticeship (I don't know the jargon).
1. that I am unable to attend on f2f next Tuesday, will be based on medical evidence only. and I am late sending the ESA50 back.
2. That it would be advisable to have a home assessment or an exemption based on the uncontrolled hypertension, diagnosed on 12 Oct 2018 in A&E TIAs/stroke based on numbness, temporary blindness, tingling in the face, hands, legs, dizziness, faintlike, flushing, fast heart rate, very high BP in A&E 190/120 at home, 220/120 (took photos), bilateral legs oedema, low potassium. Unable to have an MRI due to anxeity stemming from past experience of burns and worsening of vestibular symptoms as well as allergies.
3. Though discharged from the NHS heart failure clinic, and told all was normal, a private echo shows heart failure worsened, BNP 664 (ref <50) and EF down to 48%. the money for this was borrowed from the Credit Union.
3.a Diagnosed with angina from microvascular disease, the angina is not relieved by GTN or medications. The diagnosis was from my private cardio, and NHS cardio wrote its entirely possible.
4. Allergies and diagnosed multiple chemical sensitivies, react to all solvents, including bodycare products such as soaps, shampoos, detergent, perfume, cleaning fluids, coal tar, pollution, foods, and more. Allergies to the sun, as well as most foods. Much weakened. Only ate two foods throughout th eyear, unable to eat anything for a little over a month, and for the last six months only 3 single items of foods boiled. Potassium is low. Will do further tests. Other symptoms such as diagnosed chronic vertigo, neurotoxiticies from fq antibiotics and lariam, and a multiple symptoms including ME.
5. I need a two men crew, a carrychair to bring up and down the stairs, no longer able to wear a protective mask, am reacting to the mask, a scarf does not protect, need carer to propel my wheelchair.

I would be grateful, if I drafted it, someone could look at it before I send it to the GP? Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224284 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Need help for drafting a short letter
chafur

The one thing I would say is that whilst you include a lot of conditions in your post you don't explain why these mean that you cannot attend at their offices, for example; you mention a carry chair but you don't explain why you need to use one, again, you mention your allergies but not the effect that they would have on you if you were exposed to an allergen and what the likelihood of this happening would be?

The people assessing you lack imagination so you need to lead them into making the right conclusion for you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #224289 by chafur47
Replied by chafur47 on topic Need help for drafting a short letter
Thank you Gordon Maximus asks it to be faxed, GP does not have fax, I have no idea how to get it to them.
You are correct, I will ad the effects and dangers of these at least two of these, I am drained, exhaused, stressed, unsure how much longer can I go on like this..In truth, I don't even trust my surgery to provide this letter...Will explain and attack a letter from the hospital about the carry chair. Is there anything else can you think that will strengthen my case? I am too ill at this point to look for on/off unstable angina, past heart attacks, but I do have a ltter from my private cardio dated 2013, he mentions all these and writes he has been through all my notes, that I am too ill to......... should I use this and point out I worsened since?

More
5 years 3 months ago #224309 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Need help for drafting a short letter
chafur47

Most Windows PCs have an electronic fax application providing you/they can scan the letter.

The only other thing I can suggest is for you to contact your MP for support in at least getting a home assessment.

Contacting your MP

Yes, send the 2013 letter but don't expect too much from it it's too old to have much effect.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.