× Members

Backdated PIP paid due to error on point of law

More
5 years 3 months ago #224330 by Peterthemodest
Backdated PIP paid due to error on point of law was created by Peterthemodest
I have received just such a payment, after the Upper Tribunal ruled that my claim should be reconsidered by another Lower Tribunal after the first one refused the appeal. The second Lower Tribunal hearing allowed my appeal. I have read that any payments over £5000 can be disregarded for the length of the claim or until the award ends. I was underpaid, and have now had a lump sum over £5000. So, can it be disregarded for ESA payments and PIP payments, as I now have over £6000 in savings and between £6000-£16000 - ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224334 by Gordon
Peterthemodest

The payment is only an issue if you are receiving an Income Related benefit such as ESA(IR) or Housing Benefit, it will be disregarded for 52 weeks, not for the life of the claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.