× Members

ESA payment not received - bigger problem?

More
5 years 3 months ago #224347 by damonzan
Hi,

Just wanted to raise this, in case it it is a bigger issue than DWP are acknowledging.

The DWP currently have a recorded message stating some people were paid half their ESA money early on week commencing 31 December 2018, but it is not affecting any other payments.

I did not receive any money early, having previously received a normal payment on 31 December 2018. My next normal payment was due on Monday 14 January 2019, however it is not in my bank.

I have spent an hour a day for the last 3 days on the phone line waiting to ask them about it, but no reply.

Any advise?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224357 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA payment not received - bigger problem?
Renovatio

Thank you, we know about the part payment. I'm not aware of any problems with the normal run, I'm afraid you need to hang on until the DWP answer the phone, it's now free.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #224392 by damonzan
Replied by damonzan on topic ESA payment not received - bigger problem?
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The waiting times to get through on the phone are ridiculous, even for a free-phone number. i hate the four-seasons tune with a passion now :)

I finally got through today. The problem appeared to have been caused with me changing my address recently. I incorrectly assumed when i notified them it would flow through to the others, however for some reason it resulted in a mis-match of my addresses across DLA and ESA, that resulted in them just stopping the payment - i didn't even get a letter about it!

Would be nice if they simplified the system to just notify the government of one change of address through the government gateway portal.

To be fair on them, they said they will arrange for the missing payment to be made by a same-day transfer today.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224446 by Robbie
Replied by Robbie on topic ESA payment not received - bigger problem?
I've found that if you phone just after 8am, when they have just opened, the phone can sometimes be answered virtually straight away.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.