× Members

Funding to attend brothers Funeral?

More
5 years 3 months ago #224356 by Unite1801
Funding to attend brothers Funeral? was created by Unite1801
Hi all

Sorry but on my phone and can’t find a list of topics xx I’m on support group ESA & Enhanced rate Pip and my 41yr old brother has just suddenly died of a heart attack x I live in Notts & his funeral will be in London but I will need to find someone to take me on the train and stay over the night before also as I wouldn’t get there in time x Is there any funding I can apply for to help in this situation please
Kind regards xx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224363 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Funding to attend brothers Funeral?
Unite

Sorry for your loss. I'm afraid I don't think you find any help with this, certainly not from your Local Authority or the DWP, your best bet is to contact your local CAB office, they will be aware of charitable organisations in your area that may be able to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #224449 by Robbie
Replied by Robbie on topic Funding to attend brothers Funeral?
This is one of the things that you could at one time claim a Social Fund Community Care Grant for but CCGs were abolished a few years ago and responsibility for making payments were passed to councils. Some councils have since closed their local Crisis Support schemes but many councils still have them. You could contact your local council to see if it still has a local scheme and if so if travelling costs to attend a funeral is included. My local authority still do this though it seems like most people don't know of the crisis support sceheme as many councuils have an underspend each year.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.