× Members

ESA financial update

More
5 years 4 months ago #224383 by pingusolid
ESA financial update was created by pingusolid
ESA IR support group. My savings are over 6k so a financial report is submitted every year. Has been for 5 years. The report was delivered and signed for so they have the info but havent yet changed the payment amount. It should be lower but it's still the same level. One payment received since the reort was sent. They usually sort this financial stuff out very quickly and send a letter with new amounts payable.
Don't want to build up an overpayment.
My area is full roll out UC.
Was sent esa50 last year and kept in support. "we wont ask you to go for another assessment unless there is a change in your conditiion."
Scared to contact them in case this is used as a change of circs. to nudge me off esa. (yes paranoia)
Opinion please. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #224387 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA financial update
AW

First of all, they can't transfer you to UC, your circumstances don't meet the criteria for this to happen.

Did you send the letter using a Tracked post so that you have proof of delivery? If you did and they fail to act then you can argue that any overpayment is not recoverable as you notified them as required.

Either way, it would be better for you to deal with this now so I would phone them, if nothing else it is further confirmation that you have notified them.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #224881 by pingusolid
Replied by pingusolid on topic ESA financial update

Gordon wrote: AW

First of all, they can't transfer you to UC, your circumstances don't meet the criteria for this to happen.

Did you send the letter using a Tracked post so that you have proof of delivery? If you did and they fail to act then you can argue that any overpayment is not recoverable as you notified them as required.

Either way, it would be better for you to deal with this now so I would phone them, if nothing else it is further confirmation that you have notified them.

Gordon

Yes it was sent tracked post.I spoke with them twice, after an hour on hold, monday and the new paperwork arrived today with the updated financials.
thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.