× Members

ESA

More
5 years 3 months ago #224401 by Sam51
ESA was created by Sam51
After winning my Pip tribunal I won my case and was awarded a back pay which was above the threshold of 5500.
Although I still owe money to friends and family during the time of assessment , do I need to declare that as savings now on my ESA change of circumstances form, as technically I would’ve needed that to live on then.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224404 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA

Sam51 wrote: After winning my Pip tribunal I won my case and was awarded a back pay which was above the threshold of 5500.
Although I still owe money to friends and family during the time of assessment , do I need to declare that as savings now on my ESA change of circumstances form, as technically I would’ve needed that to live on then.

Yes, you need to tell the ESA people but the back pay should be disregarded for 52 weeks.

If you dispose of the money as indicated in your post then get some sort of receipt that acknowledges the original debt and its repayment in case you are asked to explain what happened to the money.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sam51

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.