× Members

2nd PIP claim

More
5 years 4 months ago #224551 by Flash1284
2nd PIP claim was created by Flash1284
Hi,
My wife applied for PIP in 2017 staying Fibromyalgia as her main condition. She was unsuccessful and we never appealed as we were told the appeal would only be based on the initial claim form. My wife also has hereditary Polycystic Kidney disease that she has taken medication for since she was 25 and this was stated on the initial claim. She has now been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis,Raynauds disease,and is waiting to find out if she has scleroderma. She also has longstanding Psoriasis aswell as beating breast cancer in 2010.
My query is we want to reapply again and this time with your aids hopefully stand a better chance of being awarded PIP. Do I simply put down all the conditions she currently has been diagnosed with and evidence each one as to how they affect her day to day living or do I concentrate on one condition and how that affects her?
Any advice would be helpful.
Regards
Flash

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #224581 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic 2nd PIP claim
Flash

You should explain each problem she has and what the cause is, as an example; someone might need prompting to prepare food due to their depression and an aid to help then cut the meat and vegetables due to Arthritis in their hands.

If you have not already done so, have a look at our Pip Claim guide

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Flash1284

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.