× Members

ESA MENTAL HEALTH & AT HOME WITH CHILDREN?

More
5 years 3 months ago #224565 by InaBlur
I am asking for family member, I've tried to find relevant info on forum, but can't, but apologies in advance if I've missed it and asking again.

If you are on ESA SG and struggling with a mental health condition, have a carer to support you and all your energy and focus is taken up looking after your children to the best of your ability (ages 2&4) can you realistically be put in the work group?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224596 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA MENTAL HEALTH & AT HOME WITH CHILDREN?
InaBlur

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Unfortunately, none of these are issues that are relevant to ESA, they need to concentrate on showing that they meet the ESA SG Descriptors, see our ESA Claim guides for more information.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #224703 by InaBlur
Replied by InaBlur on topic ESA MENTAL HEALTH & AT HOME WITH CHILDREN?
Yes, thank you Gordon, I have the guides and I am helping with forms, but I know it is not part of the assessment, but if you are found capable, (God forbid, but in these harsh times it's happening everywhere) but actually you have two small children at home, what happens then?

More
5 years 3 months ago #224708 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA MENTAL HEALTH & AT HOME WITH CHILDREN?
InaBlur

They will be able to claim Universal Credit, their youngest child excuses them from seeking work at the moment but this will change as they get older, see

www.entitledto.co.uk/help/Your-dependent...age-Universal-Credit

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #224750 by InaBlur
Replied by InaBlur on topic ESA MENTAL HEALTH & AT HOME WITH CHILDREN?
Thank you

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.