× Members

Just had my tribunal

More
5 years 4 months ago #224844 by Paul
Replied by Paul on topic Just had my tribunal
Just got my letter. It says the appeal is allowed. I got 24 points. I'm so happy. I am happy to stay in WRAG. I should get back payments and go back on the same amount of money I was reciveing before my benefit was stopped, it that right?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #224856 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Just had my tribunal
Paul

Congratulations on the award, well done.

It usually takes the DWP 5-8 weeks to process a Tribunal result, I would give them a call next week to make sure that they have received the Decision Notice.

If you were receiving payment of the WRAG component before the Decision then you will receive back payment of this from the date of the original Decision.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @ESA @APPEAL

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul

More
5 years 4 months ago #224884 by Paul
I have noticed it says the appeal is allowed and 24 points awards. However it says the matter is now remitted to the Secretary of state to make a final decision upon entitlement to ESA. What does this mean? Am staying in WRAG or might I be put in support group.

More
5 years 4 months ago #224901 by Gordon
Paul

No, you won#t be moved to the SG by the DWP.

The reason this statement has been included is because payment of the WRAG component was abolished for new claims in early 2017, so the DWP have to decide whether there is any back payment to be made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 4 months ago #224908 by Paul
This is a claim for WRAG going back to 2015. So I was reciveing the higher amount £202 every 2 weeks. Do they have to pay back payments and will I go back to the higher amount ESA or is it their discretion.

More
5 years 4 months ago #224909 by Gordon
Paul

Yes, they will pay it and no they do not have a choice.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris