× Members

Confused about ESA or UC, which forms?

More
5 years 3 months ago #224751 by debslosjoe
Confused about ESA or UC, which forms? was created by debslosjoe
My husband and I are both on enhanced care and mobility for PIP. When I got my ill health retirement pension my husbands income esa didn’t pay us any money. It’s 18 months later and I’ve spent my lump sum just receiving my monthly payment.

Could he apply for esa income based again? We live in Birmingham. Is it UC or ESA. I’ve seen different forms on line so don’t know which one it is. I don’t want it to affect my contribution based esa.

Also now that my savings have gone could I get council tax support? I find this whole benefits situation so complicated and so stressful.

Has anyone got any advice?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224765 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Confused about ESA or UC, which forms?
Debbie

If you have a regular pension payment then this will be deducted from any ESA(IR) that you might be entitled to, the easiest thing is to put your information into one of the online benefit calculators, this should also tell you about the Council Tax as this is specific to the Local Authority.

www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: debslosjoe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris