× Members

Using aids when dressing

More
5 years 3 months ago #224767 by Mark
Using aids when dressing was created by Mark
Hi Gordon,
I'm well into my pip review with the face to face next week. I've read the pip guides but am unclear about aids when dressing. In my current pip award I was awarded points for using an aid whilst dressing, the aid in question was the use of a chair to sit on whilst getting dressed to avoid falling. Is a chair still considered an aid or have they moved the goal post on that one?
Kind regards Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224768 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Using aids when dressing
Mark

You may struggle, a healthy person may use a chair or the bed to help them get dressed so there is nothing special about a chair as opposed to a designed disability aid.

You will need to show that you cannot get dressed without the chair, for example; by sitting on the floor.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #224772 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic Using aids when dressing
Thank you for your help Gordon,

If I used a perching stool with padded back and arms rather than use a standard chair, which would be safer anyway, would that then be more likely to attract the 2 points for needing to use an aid for getting dressed or undressed?

Kind regards Mark

More
5 years 3 months ago #224784 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Using aids when dressing
Mark

I have to say that a perching stool is not an obvious choice for this activity.

The most important thing is for you to explain in detail why you need to use something in the first place, what condition and why it limits your ability to get dressed or undressed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.