× Members

PIP review

More
5 years 4 months ago #224940 by Frank Sprules
PIP review was created by Frank Sprules
My partner had her PIP renewed for two years in December 17 and we had to send in information for a review by this Christmas. We have the f2f on Feb 4th

The thing is that our circumstances have recently changed and we were wondering how this might effect an award.

My partner has standard rate for care and mobilty and claims for me as a full time carer. She has recently hit pension age and now recieves that, with pension credits for a couple, instead of the ESA she used to get.

My question is, will the fact that she is now a pensioner increase or decrease her chances of retaining PIP? We know that there is always Attendance Allowance but the drop in money would be quite severe.

As it is we have just squeaked under the bar for the changes to partner allowances for pension credits as I am not pension age yet so should not be put on UC.

Thanks for any clarification.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #224991 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP review
Frank

With one exception (see below), PIP takes no account of the claimant's age, it is only their ability to meet the PIP criteria that is considered.

The exception is that once they meet State Retirement Age they cannot receive a Mobility award if they do not already have one and it cannot be increased if they do, even if they meet the criteria.

If Pension Credit is already in payment then you are not affected by the recent change to the eligibility criteria.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank Sprules

More
5 years 4 months ago #225067 by Frank Sprules
Replied by Frank Sprules on topic PIP review
Thanks Gordon.

That does fit in with what we thought but it is always best to get a more informed viewpoint.

We have self assessed as just going over the line to high rate for care but if we get the standard for both we will certainly not rock the boat by appealing. The mobility part is pretty much the same as it was so not being able to increase it should be no problem.

Thanks as always for your help, you all do a great job on here.

FRank
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.