× Members

DLA /PIP - family residing with you

More
5 years 3 months ago #225056 by Jan
Hi
I am currently in the DLA to PIP transition. My DLA was stopped some time ago. I live in supported housing association property and receive full housing benefit.
When I received DLA a relative stayed with me for support and I was not charged rent, just a little more council tax. Unfortunately the relative had to move away for family commitments. However they will be moving back shortly. If they stay with me and I am charged rent because I currently am not being paid DLA or PIP, when I receive a new award of. PIP (it will be backdated to when the DLA stopped) will I be able to claim back the money I have already paid in rent for them being with me?
Hope I’ve not confused anyone, apologiesnif so.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #225078 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA /PIP - family residing with you
Janny

I'm sorry but we do not advise on Housing Benefit on the forum.

HB is specific to the Local Authority so you need to get local advice, perhaps from the CAB.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.