× Members

PIP - good outcome but only til July2019?

More
5 years 3 months ago #225062 by RobynC
I've been awarded enhanced pip, up from standard. And the mobility component too due to severe MH condition. So that's a massive relief.
Only it's to be reviewed in July!? That's one year after this review was started.
Any idea why so short a time? Should I do anything or be thankful for what I've been awarded at the moment?
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #225084 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP - good outcome but only til July2019?
Robyn

When did the award start from? The minimum period is nine months.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #225139 by RobynC
Replied by RobynC on topic PIP - good outcome but only til July2019?
They dated it from july 2018 to July 2019. I had the assessment 3 weeks ago and decision with back pay this week.
It didn't mention review in July... do I really have to start all over again in just 6 months?
I'm really pleased with the award ... enhanced for both components ... just not liking the idea of starting all over again.....

More
5 years 3 months ago #225164 by RobynC
OK so three days ago I received the PIP award - today I receive form PIP 1043 'It's time to review your award'.

It's actually dated the same day as the award letter.

It was only January 9th that an assessor came to my house and did the face to face assessment. Now they are asking what has changed.

I really dont know what to make of this or how to fill the form in. I could just put nothing's changed and send back a very empty looking form. I can't deal with the whole thing again yet - my mental and physical health can hardly take it.
Would be so glad of your advice. Many thanks.

PS Apologies for duplicate messag earlier - I forgot about waiting for moderation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #225189 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP - good outcome but only til July2019?
Robyn

This will be up to you to decide.

DWP policy is that an award of less than two years should require a renewal rather than a reassessment, so I would have expected you to have received a PIP2 around July, so you can ask why you have received an AR1 instead, but ultimately you will have to complete one of these forms.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: RobynC

More
5 years 3 months ago #225214 by RobynC
I summoned up the courage to phone them and it was a mistake!
Great relief. The award is until Jan 2021 and a review form can be expected in Jan 2020.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.