× Members

Not enough points wca

More
5 years 3 months ago #225148 by mark12
Not enough points wca was created by mark12
Hello everyone,
i recieved a telephone call from the dwp informing me they stopped my esa from today because i did not score enough points on my recent esa medical (review was on sg) They said
i should apply for jsa.
i am so stressed out at the moment and do not know what to do as iam still unable to work because of my disability so cannot sign the job seekers agreement unless i will be allowed to from my bed
can any one help me please i recieve pip daily component will this be affected by the esa decision and how can i claim hb while waiting for MR of the decision.
Many thanx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #225173 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Not enough points wca
Mark

Sorry to hear this,

You say that you were previously in the Support Group, do you know how you qualified?

You can't make a new claim for JSA anymore, only Universal Credit but I would get face to face advice before doing this. If you don't claim UC then you should be able to continue to receive Housing Benefit as a Nil Income claim, contact your Local Authority.

The first stage to challenging a Decision is for you to request a Mandatory Reconsideration, this needs to be done in writing to the DWP, within one month of the Decision, to the office that dealt with your claim, have a look at our ESA MR & Appeal guide for details of the process, the ESA area also has template letters that you can use to make the request with.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

You should contact the DWP for a copy of the assessment report (ESA85), if you have not already done so, I would phone them but again follow up the request in writing. Once you have the assessment report you will have a better understanding of how the DWP Decision Maker has come to their conclusions and will then be able to argue against them.

Your primary task is to show that you meet the criteria, there are many reasons you may have failed, you need to address each of these but don't get bogged down in criticising the assessment report unless you can clearly show that it is incorrect, it is a lot easier to argue the facts of the situation;

"the assessor recorded that I walked 50m, I did but they have failed to document that I had to stop every 10m for a rest due to breathlessness"

than their opinions

"based on my observations of the claimant walking I believe that they can reliably walk more than 200m.

When you have a better idea of the issues with your claim, come back to the forum and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mark12

More
5 years 3 months ago #225201 by mark12
Replied by mark12 on topic Not enough points wca
Hello Gordon, thank you indeed
I do not know how I previously qualified to the SG, but at the begining I was in the wrag and then after a couple of reassement moved in SG and now nothing!! even though my condition worsened.
I have requested a copy of ( ESA85) over the phone and i am going to send the request in writing as well.
I really appreciated I will certainly be needing a lot of help to get through this.
thank you

More
5 years 3 months ago #225483 by mark12
Replied by mark12 on topic Not enough points wca
Hello again,
I got the decision letter and the report in post a few days ago. (zero points on all activities)
I am still in shock and angery reading through it there are alot of lies and twisted facts in the report.
eg. I was breathless and in alot of pain my wife assessted me to get on the couch and she helped me take off my coat.
The medical examiner report says I was able to take off my coat and get on the couch without help.
just giving you an example and this is the way they failed me on all discriptors and clearly intent on finding me fit for work.
How can I defend what I said and what happend there against the assessors report?
one thing I deeply regret is not asking for the medical to be recorded but I have had at least three medicals in the past and all went trouble free.

More
5 years 3 months ago #225535 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Not enough points wca
Mark

Your first priority is to go back through your ESA50 in light of the comments that have been made to make sure that you have shown that you meet the legally defined ESA criteria, as an example; have you tried to bring the Descriptors to your conditions rather than the other way around? Many of the Descriptors have multiple requirements, have you met all of them as you won't score if you have not? Have you echoed the language used, ESA talks about "significant discomfort" in regard to pain?

If you tackle the comments directly then understand what they are actually saying first, so taking off your coat and sitting without problem means that they thought you had reasonable upper body movement (Reaching) and could sit without assistance (Standing and Sitting).
Try and deal with them by reference to your evidence to undermine their opinions.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mark12

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.