× Members

Just received PIP assessors report 31/01/19

More
5 years 3 months ago #225269 by AAC
Hey all,

My previous award 2 yrs ago was Enhanced for DL & 0 for Mobility.

Received the report this morning for my reassessment & having had a quick read through it is glaringly obvious that it in no way reflects that I suffer with incontinence most days AND need to wear incontinence pants! I even told the assessor that I was wearing them during the assessment. He has given me a 0 for that section.

He's also said I can take nutrition unaided scoring me another 0 when I got 4 points last time, meaning if the DM goes by his scores I will only get standard rate for DL this time when my health is so much worse than 2 years ago!

My son who attended the assessment with me cannot believe what a work of fiction most of the report is.

The report does however give me 14 points for mobility this time, but even so, do I dispute these things now or wait until I get the decision through? :/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #225291 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Just received PIP assessors report 31/01/19
AAC

There is a narrow window for you to write to the Decision Maker at the office dealing with your claim detailing your concerns about the report. Try and stick to issues that lead to your scoring points and if you do comment on the assessor's opinions then try and do so by reference to your evidence.

You can make a complaint about the quality of the report.

Capita Complaints
www.capita-pip.co.uk/en/complaints.html

ATOS (IAS)
www.mypipassessment.co.uk/feedback/

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jellybean, AAC, dingleydell

More
5 years 3 months ago #225316 by AAC
Thank you for the very quick reply! Just one more thing (for now!) I just noticed that my original award for Enh DL was from 08/07/16 - 10/09/19. If that wasn’t a typo on DWP’s would I still get the enh rate until that date or will it change as soon as the new decn is made??

More
5 years 3 months ago #225339 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Just received PIP assessors report 31/01/19
AAC

I'm afraid the new Decision supersedes your existing award from the date that it was made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: AAC

More
5 years 3 months ago #225341 by AAC
:/ :( Ok, thank you Gordon.

More
5 years 3 months ago #225913 by AAC
Received the brown envelope this morning. The DM agreed with the assessor so I’ve been awarded standard DL & enh Mobility until Jan 2022. I still feel cheated in that I feel should’ve got some points for the incontinence & nutrition BUT having seen so many horror stories on here of others being awarded zero I think maybe I should think myself lucky....???!! Before receiving the decn my community law caseworker said we could do a Mand Recon if I really wanted to but there’s the risk of being given a lesser award, she believed it would be a very good award if it would turn out to be st dl & enh mo.....& I just don’t have the energy to go through all of that. I’m still waiting to hear about my ESA reassessment so I’ve still got so much stress going on. Also have the most horrendous flu atm. This whole process every time is just too much for me to cope with. I used to work for ‘those people’ & was already disables at that time, it was their bullying that made me so ill & lost me my job. My health has gone downhill fast since & I HATE having to tell them everything’s that’s wrong with me whenever these reassesments come up!! Anyway sorry for the outburst. I’d be interested in your thoughts though guys. Thank you.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.