× Members

Pip award successful without a review

More
5 years 3 months ago #225310 by lester
Having endured the change over fro.dla to pip I was awarded 3 years. I was reviewed again in December 2016 and once again awarded 3 years. I was awaiting a further review any day now and had prepared, including another letter from my gp. I got the biggest surprise this morning, a letter from DWP, Ithought it was my review forms, you can imagine my shock when I opened it to see it was an award letter for an ongoing period and they won't bother me untill 2029. Both at enhanced rate.

I wonder how this happened without any form filling, sending evidence or eview of any sort.
I feel so liberated and content, I will be in my 70s when they contact me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #225329 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip award successful without a review
Lester

Wow, really pleased for you.

Did the letter explain why they had changed the original Decision? Other members will likely be interested if this was the result on the latest DWP review of PIP Claims where the claimant has conditions unlikely to improve.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #225391 by lester
Replied by lester on topic Pip award successful without a review
I can only think that with my review coming up they must be looking over previous information and making decisions rather than putting folk through the stress of a reassessment, maybe things are changing for the better. The only thing that changed for me was the length of the award as I was always enhanced. It really does enforce the need for good solid evidence of your illness/ disability being sent to DWP. This, I hope. Will maybe offer hope to many out there.

More
5 years 3 months ago #225408 by Gordon
lester

Thank you, it sounds as if they did a Paper Based Review.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #225446 by lester
Replied by lester on topic Pip award successful without a review
Yes but this was done before any review procedure being initiated, they must be looking at people due a review and giving out awards instead of starting the review, I have never heard of this before, have you?

More
5 years 3 months ago #225494 by Gordon
Lester

It could be part of the review looking at whether awards could be extended or it could have been a Paper Baser Review, there is no legal requirement to issue a PIP2 or AR1 form.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: lester

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.