× Members

ESA Successful ?

More
5 years 3 months ago #225351 by Cussy
ESA Successful ? was created by Cussy
I had to reclaim my ESA in December, today I have a letter that is headed "Your Claim for Employment and Allowance" and "Y Changes in the Employment and Allowance Rates Payable". nothing in the letter says that I do not need a medical. I am confused as to what happens next, do I need a medical or is the letter the standard one they put out if successful with my reclaim ? Any help is appreciated, I could ring them but would cause a lot of stress to me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #225376 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Successful ?
Cussy

Does it mention payment from April 2019, if it does then this is the annual Entitlement Letter?

If it doesn't then I'm afraid you will need to contact the DWP office dealing with your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cussy

More
5 years 3 months ago #225397 by Cussy
Replied by Cussy on topic ESA Successful ?
It says April 2019

More
5 years 3 months ago #225400 by Gordon

Cussy wrote: It says April 2019

So it sounds like the annual Entitlement letter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #225412 by Cussy
Replied by Cussy on topic ESA Successful ?
So they could still call me for the medical ?

More
5 years 3 months ago #225425 by Gordon

Cussy wrote: So they could still call me for the medical ?

Yes, there are substantial delays in the ESA assessment process, members have reported waiting nine months or more to hear whether an assessment was required or not.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.