× Members

Fed up with DWP!!!

More
5 years 3 months ago #225364 by Debs
Fed up with DWP!!! was created by Debs
I filled out the pack to apply for PIP back in September & returned it recorded delivery. I was struggling to get it filled in on time, so i rung them & asked for an extension on the date which they kindly agreed to. I then received a letter saying they will not look at my application because the forms were sent in too late! So i rang them explaining i had sent the form back recorded and they should have received them on time. He confirmed my completed forms were received on the due date, but unfortunately the letters have crossed in the post! He said not to worry & he will sort it. I then received a text saying they will agree to go ahead with the new claim application. So i waited & waited...I finally rang them in November asking what was happening with my application for PIP. They then told me because i was late sending the pack in it will be sometime in the New year! I finally received a letter saying i have to attend an assessment on the 1st Feb. So 5 month after i filled out the form! Yesterday afternoon i received a text saying i had to ring them straight away about my face to face assessment? They have only gone & cancelled it because of staff shortages & now i have to wait another 3 weeks. So another 3 weeks of being anxious & worried :( I have been diagnosed with Dyspraxia, Fibromyalgia & currently being assessed for high functioning Autism. My question is if successful can i ask them to backdate?
Thank you

Debbie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #225392 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Fed up with DWP!!!
Debs

If you were invited to claim PIP as a replacement for an existing DLA award then there will be no backdating of the award, however, if this was a new claim for PIP with no DLA in payment then it will be backdated to the date you made the claim. In both cases, this is subject to you having had your current limitations for at least three months,

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #226102 by Debs
Replied by Debs on topic Fed up with DWP!!!
Thank you for your reply Gordon.

This is a new claim for PIP & no I have never applied for DLA.

So i am hoping i am successful

Debbie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.