× Members

PIP Man Rec Assessment

More
5 years 3 months ago #225421 by Ellieg
PIP Man Rec Assessment was created by Ellieg
Hi, I applied for an MR and a copy of the report after | received zero pts for Daily Living after my home assessment. I have two types of epilepsy and was really shocked by the assessors report as she had written down the opposite of what I told her. She even stated two things which didn't happen at all during the assmt. I honestly think she must have mixed up my report with someone else's. Anyway I attended today for what I thought was an MR assessment to discuss those issues which I disputed, however, todays assessor stated this was an entirely new assessment and wouldn't discuss anything about the previous one. I was wondering if this is normal procedure for an MR because it really threw me as I had prepared myself to discuss only those issues under dispute. Luckily I had my brother with me for support because it was a really intense assessment and I would definitely recommend taking someone with you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #225432 by sue2007rec
Replied by sue2007rec on topic PIP Man Rec Assessment
There isn't such an assessment- after you receive the decision and request a MR, by phone/letter, the next process is to lodge an appeal if the decision still isn't overturned
but this sounds like a completely new claim

So I am confused at why a new assessment
- did you put in a request for a MR, how long ago
-how long ago was the decision on your PIP home assessment
- the letter you received regarding this appt what did it say?

More
5 years 3 months ago #226025 by Ellieg
Replied by Ellieg on topic PIP Man Rec Assessment
Hi Sue, my apologies for taking so long to reply but my epilepsy has been getting worse which makes it difficult to use the computer. However I am glad I am not the only one who is confused. When I received my decision (8.10.18) I rang to request an MR and copy of the Assessors report. When I received the report I sent a letter (20.10.18) detailing the issues I disputed. They than sent me a full copy of my personal file. I then received a letter requesting me to attend for another assessment. I assumed this was an MR assessment but was told on arrival that this was a completely new assessment and when I checked the letter afterwards it made no mention of an MR and was exactly the same as the first letter I received for my first assessment. In the copy of my file there is a record of my request for an MR and it states that I should have one. I don’t understand what has gone wrong. Is it not usual to have to attend for another assessment?

More
5 years 3 months ago #226027 by Ellieg
Hi, I forgot to mention that everything was completed well within the deadlines provided. Thanks

More
5 years 3 months ago #226047 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Man Rec Assessment

Ellieg wrote: Is it not usual to have to attend for another assessment?

No, There should be no requirement for a second assessment if the assessor has done their job properly in the first instance.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #226078 by Ellieg
Hi is there anything I should do as they seem to be breaking their own rules? I haven’t received any text msgs to tell me when to expect their decision.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.