× Members

PIP - What happens when I reach retirement age?

More
5 years 3 months ago #225462 by eyesnlegs
I have a number of questions about this that are totally stressing me:

I’ve been awarded PIP mobility at enhanced rate until 12th April 2021 BUT as you know that may be reassessed before that.
I will be 66 4 days later on 16th April 2021.
I have a Motability car currently which the lease runs out on in June 2021.

Does this 4 days make any difference to my car? I’ve heard that you can still apply for a car up until retirement age and Motability will be kept in line with that.

I just have this horrid suspicion over these things and I’m very worried that the 4 days is done deliberately, especially as my PIP didn’t start until June 2018. That’s why my car will be June.

Are they likely to try and throw me off PIP because of my retirement age? A double whammy after being born in the 1950s and having my retirement age moved by 6 years!

Thanks so much for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #225511 by Gordon
eyesnlegs

If your current award end in April 2021 then you are going to be reassessed in April 2020 and a new Decision will be made well before your Motability contract ends.

I can't see why your reaching 66 would be an issue.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: eyesnlegs

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.